Welcome back OOBTers! M is VERY excited to share today’s BONUS + EXTENDED episode with you! You may or may not have noticed yet but this one pulling some threads from the book of Job is 1 HOUR & 15+ MINUTES of content - now that’s definitely BONUS + EXTENDED right?!
M has a variety of perspectives to discuss in this episode as we determine how to struggle well… to suffer strong… in our own Job moments of life. Something she landed on repeatedly in her studies is our need to redefine the definition of good (and even hard) as Christians.
GoodHard. Life is always both. The good and hard are always commingled in our lives. God made us to do the hard things in the midst of the good story He’s writing in our lives. Wow. M believes God’s trying to
tell us something here friends (well so many things actually)…
let’s have ears to hear. Good Hard. Hard Good.
“Suffering is not the end of the story. Our stories have been so so hard but they’ve also been so so good. Dear ones, keep persevering in your
own GoodHard story. Tell your GoodHard story to others.
Your story will be someone else’s survival guide.”
Oh, friends… This is a don’t miss show today on OOBT.
// Show Notes //
As M promised in today’s EXTENDED BONUS episode, below are the questions
she read for your consideration as she was reading excerpts
from Jay and Katherine Wolf’s Suffer Strong book.
GLORIOUS SCARS :: Redefining Healing
- What’s your most impressive scar and how did you get it?
- Have you ever experienced the full arc of being wounded in order to be healed?
- How do you interpret the idea that a good God can cause harm?
WAITING WELL :: Redefining Hope
- What has past suffering taught you to expect from the future? What has past goodness taught you to expect from the future?
- What would be the “worst” thing that could happen next in your story? What would be the “best” thing?
- Practically, how can you live out of the future promise of resurrection in your daily life?
THE PATH BEFORE US :: Redefining Calling
- Do you think all people have specific callings? Why or why not?
- Did you ever feel certain that you had a specific calling on your life? Do you feel called to something now?
- Currently, what are the perceived barriers to fulfilling your calling?
THE GOOD/HARD LIFE :: Epilogue
- Define “good” in your own words. Then try to define “good” in God’s words according to what we know from Scripture. What are the similarities and differences you found between the two definitions?
- When was a time that goodness looked different than you expected?
- Would you remove all the hard parts from your life if given the choice? If so, how would this affect your relationship with God, yourself and others?
MFahring’s Website // https://mfahring.com/
MFahring’s Bible Study Resources // https://mfahring.com/bible-study-resources
It’s Not Supposed to Be This Way // Lysa TerKeurst // Book & Study Guide
It’s Not Supposed to Be This Way // Lysa TerKeurst // Online Bible Studies (OBS)
She Reads Truth Podcast // Amen & Amen // Study
She Reads Truth Podcast // Amen & Amen // Week 1 with Sho Baraka
She Reads Truth Podcast // Amen & Amen // Week 2 with Katherine Wolf
She Reads Truth Podcast // Amen & Amen // Week 3 with Janice Gaines
Other Links for Katherine Wolf //
Hope Heals & Suffer Strong books by Jay & Katherine Wolf
Put God First in Your Pain // Katherine Wolf // Passion City Church
Suffer Strong Podcast // Jay & Katherine Wolf
Jay & Katherine Wolf’s website Hope Heals // guest writer - Avery Garn
The Hard Good // Lisa Whittle
Peace of Mind // Life.Church
Peace of Mind // Week One // Life.Church // Psalm 88
The Bible Recap // Book + Podcast//